About Us

My family and I currently are stationed on Whidbey Island. In Oak Harbor, Wa. Tilden is in the navy and is ready to get out. haha well in 2011!! But we have a great time being together and learning new things and meeting new people. We have a wonderful lil boy Maddux, who is 4 and have a beautiful baby girl Bella, who is now going on 6 months. They are the world to us. It is the best feeling in the world to wake up every morning with a smiling face or our little boy saying morning mom and daddy. I am so thankful that I am able to stay at home with my kids, thanks to my wonderful husband Tilden. We are hoping to be out of the military by spring of 2010 and heading back to idaho for just a few years and then we will see where our life takes us. I am looking forward to this journey ahead with my beautiful family.

December 13, 2008

To My Family.....

Today is my birthday. I am 25 years old. It seems like the older you get the less significant of an occasion it becomes. When you are young it is a big deal with lots of presents and a party, but as you age it becomes less of a occasion just another year and a list of things you failed to accomplish. Then it becomes significant once more as you approach mortality. Once again a party with presents to celebrate the fact that you lived another year on this earth with your family and loved ones. I guess age is our odometer telling us how many miles we have traveled and reminding us to take care of the fragile body we have been blessed with. Like a car with proper care and maintenance we can keep the wheels to the road enjoying all life has to offer. Instead of celebrating the fact that I am 25 this year I think I would rather bask in the fact that my engine is running and I have a beautiful life filled with incredible people who love me and share my joy on this road trip we call life.



To my wife Cassie: I’ll love you forever and couldn’t ask for a better co pilot.



To my son Maddux: Even when I can’t be there I love you and can’t wait to go on another adventure.



To my daughter Bella: You are everything innocent and beautiful in the world and I love you more than life itself.



To my family: Freedom is not free and you all pay the cost everyday and I will always love you for the sacrifices you make. I love you all with my whole heart and would gladly give my life to protect you from the evils of this world. Thank you for standing behind me and giving me the courage and love to go on you are my heart.



-T

1 comment:

Cylee Pressley said...

Tildan,

First of all, happy birthday. You have that right about birthdays and getting older. And I hope you have a good one. Know that we love and appreciate your service. I couldn't have asked for a better brother in law than you.

Second, that post was awesome. Well written and a great analogy to illistrate your point.

Know you are in our prayers and that we will miss seeing you at christmas time.

Love ya,